August 27, 2008

A Franciscan Prayer



May God bless you with discomfort

at easy answers, half truths and superficial relationships
so that you may live deep within your heart.

May God bless you with anger
at injustice, oppression and exploitation of people
so that you may work for justice, freedom and peace.

May God bless you with tears
to shed for those who suffer pain, rejection, hunger and war
so that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and
to turn their pain into joy.

And may God bless you with enough foolishness
to believe that you can make a difference in the world
so that you can do what others claim cannot be done
to bring justice and kindness to all our children and the poor.



Resources:
Special thanks to the blogspot, Narcissistic Tendencies, where this Franciscan prayer was posted. I'd like to share these beautiful words with other foolish people... like myself.


Hugs all,
CZBZ

2 comments:

  1. Thanks CZ for sharing this wonderful prayer!

    I work in a homeless shelter. We sleep 1100 people a night and serve 3500 meals a day.

    I am responsible for our public relations initiatives. Which means, I spend lots of time talking to people about what we do. One of the questions I ask people is, do you want to make a difference? In your life? In your families life? In your community? The city? The country? What kind of difference do you want to make? The place to start is right here with you. With your attitudes around people who are suffering from homelessness. With your perceptions of what it is that pulls them so far from their path the only place they belong is where having 'nothing' is all they need to fit in. We're a 'gated community' it's just you have to have zero net worth to belong.

    One of the challenges for people who are homeless is that they don't believe they make a difference, let alone can make a difference in their lives.

    I believe I can make a difference. I believe I do.

    Thanks CZ for making such a difference in my life, and in the world. You are awesome.

    Hugs

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blessing me with this prayer.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...